3.20.2008

Maundy-Thursday

Maundy-Thursday - its the day we remember that dinner that 12 disciples had with their teacher, their mentor. Little did they know, this would be their last night with Jesus.

Jesus was more than just a teacher and mentor, he had become friends with these men. I wonder what the disciples would have said, had they known. I wonder if Peter would have protested so much at Jesus' request to wash his feet. I wonder what the disciples would say they remember most about their teacher and friend.

As we participate in tonight's worship experience (or, if you are not here with us physically) we invite you to reflect on this night and what Christ means to you.

As you reflect on Christ's life, we give you words of one of the Christian Churches' great reflectors to think about:

Oh Holy One, Beautiful One, Glorious One, be my Lord, my Savior, my Redeemer, my Guide, my Consoler, my Comforter, my Hope, my Joy and my Peace. To You I want to give all that I am. Let me be generous, not stingy or hesitant. Let me give you all - all I have, think do and feel. It is Yours Lord. Please accept it and make it fully Your own. Amen. - Henri Nouwen, A Cry for Mercy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

God your the best teacher in the world!

Anonymous said...

Our gracious heavenly father, thank you so much you have given us and what you do for us each and every day. I'm constantly in conflict as I do not feel worthy or ability to accept your sacfrifice for us. The Bible says we are saved by your grace and not by works. And though I know this to be true it still is beyond my understanding and comprehension. All I can try to do is be what i think you want me to be during our short time on this earth. And though I come up short and short again...it is the journey that we must focus on and the ultimate achievement. While we celebrate this Easter Sunday I just want to say "Thank you" for everything and especially Thank you for the sacrifice of your son Jesus Christ.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how awsome you are Jesus. You gave you life for me. I feel so unworthy. Lead me the way that you want me to go. In this I pray.

Anonymous said...

Dear God i mess papa so much. Please make shere that Granie does not die sone.You are the best god and I love you. love Lauren

Anonymous said...

dear God,

Alot of things have been happening this year and the last. I have been having troubles and plenty i dont feel to name but i know you know all of them. You have been there alot i know cause i have felt your grace in so many ways and i dont know how i can repay you for all you have done. Lord just help me become the christ follower you want me to be . Also watch over me each and every day and help me find thay someone now or soon that can help me become that better person that i want to be. Lord give me the thing that makes me want to wake up in the morning. And watch over my friends and family and help me get more people to follow you christ our lord.

Amen.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all you've done, for creating us, for making us perfect, for giving us the gift of laughter, and for giving us the opportunity for salvation. There are still a lot of questions I have about what you are, but I'm not going to let the unknowns stop me from focusing on the undeniable. That there is a Lord; and that He loves us in ways we can't imagine. Thank you for showing us what love is, and for giving us others with which we can share that love.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lord for all you do for us. I am humbled by your prescense every day.

Anonymous said...

Jesus, I ask prayers for my grandfather David Buckner.

Anonymous said...

I bles my mom. Because shes going throe a lot.And shes geting mad.

Anonymous said...

whoah this blog is magnificent i love studying your posts.
Stay up the good work! You realize, a lot of individuals are hunting round for this information, you can help them greatly.


my webpage Twitter Hack